Health Management Information System
This section manages health service information of The Department of Health Services from the community to the DoHS through predefined processes and procedures. This system is almost 19 years old robust and well set that provides the base for planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the Health system at all levels. The major functions of the HMIS are:
- To collect and manage the health service delivery information for all levels of health service delivery outlets including services at the communities by FCHVs and community-level health workers.
- To verify, process, and analyze the collected data, and operate a data bank.
- To provide feedback on achievements, coverage, continuity, and quality of health services to programs divisions/centers, RHDs, hospitals, and district public/health offices
- To draw indicators and relevant information and support to the program management
- To disseminate health information through efficient methods and technologies
- To publish a comprehensive Annual Report of the Department of Health Services
- To develop competent human resources for Health Information Management System